Thursday, May 08, 2008

Free Stuff


This week I've been mostly putting together packs to send to radio stations and to get gigs. Nothing too exciting, just a Sampler CD a piccie and a sheet with some basic info. In the course of doing this I usually end up with a few CDs that are "seconds", that is to say they didn't quite print right or the songs aren't in the right order. Rather than bin them I usually take them to gigs and give them away, but since I have friends and fans who can't often make it to gigs, I thought I'd see if anyone fancied a free CD. If you do just email me an address to music @ darencallow.co.uk (you'll need to remove the spaces) and I'll post a CD to you. All I ask in return is some nice words about me on your Blog or (if you don't have a Blog) just to the people around you, ha ha.

Apart from pimping myself, I've also been to see a screening of Laurie Anderson's latest video work and got to see her in person doing a question and answer session. Very interesting and amusing person - I was very impressed. Talking of the art world, I'm also playing at the Whitstable Biennale with my friend Frog Morris on June 29th. This is actually quite a big deal in the UK art world, so I'm looking forward to it.

I'm also playing at the Notting Hill Blag Club on May 28th... but more on that later. The next gig is this Sunday at Cross Kings in King's Cross... 8pm.

Dxx

5 comments:

Vi said...

You can always send ME some free stuff! lol

Angela-la-la said...

Me, me, me, me, me! Er, please. I'll mail you the necessary and boost you on the blog x

Daren said...

Vi Okay, one package on its way to: Vi, Blah, UK. Tell you what, why don't I just bring you one up when I come to visit?

Angela-la-la: Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes... it's on its way. Enjoy!

Dxx

Utter Basketcase said...

Ooooooooooooooo That sounds too good to be true!!! Whats the catch!? :-P *GiGGLeS*

Hey I know you will KICK ARSE with your music!!!

You're gonna do REALLY WELL! :-) xx

Daren said...

GiGGLes: Errr, no catch... you send address... I send CD... you plug on Blog... simple really... oh and thank you so much for your kind words... consider some music ARSE well and truly kicked.

When's the next adventure of Rat Girl then?!?!?

Dxxx