Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Giving Winter The Boot


Great fun at the Boot in St. Albans last night. Sean and I managed to romp our way through It's Summertime, Obsession and Do You Want To Dance. It was great to have Sean's playing and backing vocals again. It makes me hanker for having a proper band again. After the duo stuff I did All I Want Is You and I Need Your Love on my own and all the tunes seemed to go down well.

The super photos on the Blog today are by the wonderful Kris Gruber and are actually from when we played at The Horn the other week. Check out some more here. Oh, and that's Bill Johnson lurking in the background with the tambourine.

I'm looking forward to recording a couple of popular live tunes this week, so stand by for more listening pleasure.

3 comments:

Joanna Cake said...

I think you're really brave going on stage on your own. It must be such a lonely place. At least as a duo, you have someone to cover if you make a booboo or have a senior moment with the lyrics.

Daren said...

I thought that once and used to only feel secure when surrounded by other players. But these days I feel pretty happy playing on my own, and since I only play my songs no one knows when I make a mistake anyway.

Dxx

Anonymous said...

I'm ashamed to say I haven't looked at your blog for a while Daren; however I have noticed a lot of people have been looking at my pictures of you and Sean at The Horn (hey that rhymes!)
Now I know why......