Sunday, March 28, 2010

Troubadours


I have been to the wonderful Troubadour in Earl's Court many time, but never played there. This finally changed on Tuesday 16th March when my band, Callow Youth, headlined at a select night. It was a really cool evening, Frog Morris opened the night with poetry and puppets! Then Charlie Savigar and her band took to the stage and we really excellent (I am a little biased, but only a little) - her performances are coming on all the time and she was very good to start with! Luke Jackson then astonished the growing crowd with his powerful voice and intimate and well observed songs.

Finally it was our turn, and Callow Youth (Daren Callow, Haydn Callow and Wayne Myers - with a little help from Charlie Savigar) finally played on the famous Troubadour stage. We didn't manage to get all the performance on video, but here are a couple of highlights:



That was our intro song... and this one came soon afterwards:



I've been sadly neglecting my Blog recently, but this year is promising to be really, really exciting, so I'm going to make more effort. Plenty of band gigs with Charlie and my band coming up, plus going on the road with Katie Melua to do more merchandising later in the year. So look out for more things to read.

Looking forward to catching up with you all,

Daren
xxx

No comments: